Thursday, 22 October 2009

Progress is being made

I am starting to feel a lot better about university. My honors project is well underway and *almost* under control. My first laid fly-babies are growing big and I should be hearing the buzzz-buzzz of brand new adults in two weeks or so. I am quite proud :) Today I will be popping the next round into the incubator. Exciting times..

My Blythe Baby's Breath arrived yesterday. I decided to buy her now and leave my KB savings for the moment. The prices of the sidepart redheads are getting ridiculous now. I have a theory that when it is the right time to chase her, I will know, and it is not that time yet.

I am possibly toying with the idea of selling a couple more takaras, with the aim of building a core of less dolls but more special dolls. I'm not sure. I have 14 now. I am stll needing a redhaired kenner, a blonde RBL (MaMa I think), and possibly Peppermint, I really like her a lot. I would love PD London but she is too expesive. Witing for a cheaper FBL to reroot in hot pink.

I am currently working on a batch of Blythe cardigans for the shop. I will post their photos on my flickr as they are completed. Please email or fm me if you'd like to be added to my mailing list.

Thursday, 8 October 2009

Arg! Decisions!

In a bit of a pickle at the minute. I am still buried under a pile of paperwork trying to finalise my research project. I am alternating between working on my plan outline (due in next Friday at the latest) and making dolly clothes. I much prefer the later :)

On that note, there will be an update of some sort on etsy this Sunday nighttime GMT, probably about 8pm. There will definately be tights in all the colours avalible, and hopefully a sprinkling of dresses and maybe more. I'm thinking hats and scarfs at the moment. Brrrr!

I recived a fantastic bundle of new fabrics yesterday, looking forward to trying them out. There are lots more in the post too!

Which brings me to a decision I'm currently having trouble with. Yes, its dolly related. And I've been driving Dan mad with it. I want a redhaired sidepart Kenner Bythe, but... I still want Baby's Breath. Do I buy her now, thus blowing my KB savings? Or keep going for my redhead, in the knowledge that when I get back to BaBr she will most certainly be much more expensive. I just don't know what to do!

I actually had this exact situation with Doronjo when she came out, and that's why I bought my first KB, for a fair bit less that Doronjo.